docs24 (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information
- Name and job title
- Contact information including e-mail address and telephone numbers
- Product delivery addresses
- Other information relevant to client enquiries and your use of the website
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Other information pertaining to special offers
- Financial Information
- Credit Card Information
- Personal Description
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Collecting this information helps us understand what you are looking for from docs24, enabling us to deliver improved products and services to you, our customer.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records including
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services that docs24 offers that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to docs24 services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To improve deliver and improve products and services we provide, we will use this information
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis and testing
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- docs24 work with third parties to provide the end to end solutions that you have asked for such as software partners, online payment partners, printing partners and carrier partners and will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data to provide the services you require.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, and content.
- Identify if you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of users might see one piece of content and the other 50% a different piece of content
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant to you.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience. Cookies make the interaction between you and the application faster and easier. We use the following cookies in order to improve your user experience:
- Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
- Category 1 Cookies : Strictly Necessary
- Category 3 Cookies : Functionality
Note: we only use a persistent cookie if you click the remember me checkbox (if your system administrator has enabled it) so that you don’t have to manually log in each time you visit the site Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that you wish to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Controlling information about your
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us via e-mail, telephone or post.
- If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at Docs24 Ltd, 1-3 St Colme Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 6AA
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, which is in line with the Data Protection Act of 1998.
Security and Disclosure of Information
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act of 1998.
We will not share or disclose your personal information unless agreed in advance with you, except to:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and software engine partners that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets but only with express permission from you.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that docs24 collects from you, as noted above, will be held on the docs24 secure platform, which is hosted by ROI360. No information will be passed outside of the docs24 site (other than to partners providing the provisions of the services required) unless agreed with you in advance.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using technology that meets current acceptable security standards.] Where docs24 has given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect your personal information against unauthorised access.
Links from our site
Our website, may contain links to other websites.
Please note we have no control of websites outside the docs24online.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection or privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.